We would like to welcome our children back after the Christmas break and provide an update for the coming half term.
As before Christmas we will continue with the following measures –
- Limit the number of visitors within school, please contact the School Office if you would like to speak to a member of staff in the first instance. All visitors must wear a face covering.
- We will continue with the additional attention given to ventilation, cleaning and hand hygiene measures.
- We will reduce mixing between year groups where possible.
The current Government Guidance for a positive Covid 19 case is as follows –
- If there is a case within your household, other members do not need to isolate and children can still come to school. – ‘People who are fully vaccinated, or children and young people aged between 5 and 18 years and 6 months, identified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19, should take an LFD test every day for seven days and continue to attend their setting as normal, unless they have a positive test result or develop symptoms at any time.’
- The main symptoms of Covid 19 are still – a high temperature, a new continuous cough and a loss of taste and smell.
- The Isolation period following a positive case has changed – ‘Individuals may now take LFD tests on day 6 and day 7 of their self-isolation period. Those who receive two negative test results are no longer required to complete 10 full days of self-isolation.’
Please keep school updated and inform us of a positive case. If leaving a message before the office opens at 8.30, please give full details of your child’s absence so we can determine what is Covid related as quickly as possible.
Breakfast club will start on Wed 5th Jan and the children will be kept socially distanced.
There are no after school clubs/sports clubs for this first week – updates will follow.
Swimming will go ahead on Wed 5th Jan, a text will be sent out separately regarding this.